[OpenIndiana-discuss] Partitions for co-exist NAS drive

Toomas Soome tsoome at me.com
Sat May 1 08:38:53 UTC 2021

> On 1. May 2021, at 11:10, Michelle <michelle at msknight.com> wrote:
>
> I'm just going to try breaking it down to two Solaris 2 partitions and
> see where that takes me.
>
> Michelle.

Solaris2 (as MBR partition type) - our tools assume there is one Solaris2 partition. As you have 6TB disks, you can not really use MBR (it does not allow to address that big disks).

with zfs pools, the automatic partitioning code is using tag usr (with GPT it is translated to UUID). We do not really care about slice tags, but some other systems do (so they may be meaningful with multi-boot setups).

rgds,
toomas