[OpenIndiana-discuss] Recommended way to migrate to a new release?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 21:55:02 UTC 2021

The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System
McKusick, Neville-Neil & Watson
Addison-Wesley 2015 2nd ed

Chapter 10: The Zettabyte Filesystem

It's only 26 pages, but it's the only description of the internals of ZFS I've been able to find.

The FreeBSD Mastery books on ZFS by Lucas and Jude provide more information about the commands and the implications of various settings.

McKusick said that finding information about ZFS outside of the source was difficult. Lucas and Jude was the only other material in print he knew of. I'm hoping he might decide to write a book about it with some of the developers of ZFS as coauthors.

Reg     On Sunday, May 2, 2021, 04:14:12 PM CDT, John D Groenveld <groenveld at acm.org> wrote:

 In message <alpine.GSO.2.20.2105020822570.2569 at scrappy.simplesystems.org>, Bob
Friesenhahn writes:
>Perhaps you are talking about the FreeBSD Handbook rather than the
>software implementation.  I am not encountering any issues with the OI
>manual pages or the software.  The OI Wiki is another story
>altogether.

The OI Handbook is making good progress towards the quality of
FreeBSD's Handbook.
PRs are easy and welcome.

John
groenveld at acm.org