[OpenIndiana-discuss] We need install images which work!

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 19:43:42 UTC 2021

 I'd be glad to fix them if I knew where the files that need to be modified were located. Please enlighten me.

I tried to find the source for the text-install screen that incorrectly states an EFI whole disk will only use 2 TB. Python loads packages from a library, but I wasn't able to find the source for the library.

What file controls what is on the Live Image Desktop? Where is the GUI install process operation documented? I've looked at the Live Image filesystem and could divine nothing about how the install worked.

The dearth of accurate documentation is a huge barrier.

Reg

     On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 01:21:21 PM CDT, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

 On Tue, 4 May 2021, Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss wrote:

> All of these issues are also present in 2020.10.31 and possibly
> older releases.  This is a huge deterrent to new users.  None of
> them is a major task to fix.

Will you be submitting the fixes soon?

Bob
--