[OpenIndiana-discuss] The Register today

Judah Richardson judahrichardson at gmail.com
Tue May 11 23:05:34 UTC 2021

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 5:58 PM Mike Carroll <mdcarroll6 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I meant comparatively speaking to SPARC.

Ah, OK. I wouldn't even think about SPARC prices. As the saying goes, "if
you have to ask ..."

Most of the SPARC stuff seems niche and expensive.

Agreed.

Not sure how well illumos kernels would run on ARM if ported.

As far as Arm SBSA-compliant machines are concerned, I'm not aware of
anything that isn't Linux running on those in production. Personally I
wouldn't attempt to run Illumos on an SBC, even a Pi 4B, due to limited
RAM.