[OpenIndiana-discuss] USB problem

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Wed Nov 10 12:41:04 UTC 2021

On 11/9/21 21:06, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Hello,
> I have recently installed the latest version of OI on a number of systems.I have noticed that all systems that do not have USB3 ports can automountUSB memory thumb disks. This is not valid for systems that have USB3 ports.
> Regards,A.S.

You may want to try this hint from David Stes:

# svcadm restart hal
# svcadm enable rmvolmgr

the automount of the USB key works fine:

# eject -l
/dev/dsk/c4t1d0s2    cdrom,cdrom0,cd,cd0,sr,sr0
/dev/dsk/c5t0d0p0:1  rmdisk,rmdisk0,USBSLACK,/media/USBSLACK

Greetings,

Stephan