[OpenIndiana-discuss] gcc, binutils

Socat Project socat at dest-unreach.org
Sun Nov 14 15:30:46 UTC 2021

Hello,

I have just installed OI-hipster-minimal-20210430 in a KVM. Now I want
to compile some C code, but I fail to install gcc.

pkg install gcc does not help much; my best result was:

# pkg install pkg:/developer/gcc-8
Creating Plan (Solver setup): |
pkg install: No matching version of developer/gcc-8 can be installed:
  Reject:  pkg://openindiana.org/developer/gcc-8@8.4.0-2020.0.1.2
  Reason:  No version matching 'require' dependency developer/gnu-binutils can be installed
    Reject:  pkg://openindiana.org/developer/gnu-binutils@2.37-2020.0.1.1
    Reason:  This version is excluded by installed incorporation consolidation/userland/userland-incorporation at 0.5.11-2020.0.1.14081

Please help!

- Gerhard