[OpenIndiana-discuss] Python 3.10.0

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 17:16:04 UTC 2021

Hello,
I wanted to play a bit with Python's numpy module. One can install an old versionfor Python 2.7.X (it is available as a package). But it is not possible to install it withthe latest version of Python that is bundled with the OS. Thus I tried to compilethe latest version of Python (3.10.0) and see if I can succeed with numpy.I have tried with no extra options etc., but this did not work as Python was compiledwithout openssl support. After some experiments, I succeeded to build Python with thefollowing options:
CC="gcc-10 -m64" CFLAGS="-I/usr/openssl/1.1/include -I/usr/lib/amd64/libffi-3.2.1/include -DFFI_NO_RAW_API" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/openssl/1.1/lib/amd64 -lcrypto -lssl -L/usr/lib/amd64 -lffi" \
./configure --prefix=/opt/gnu/python  --with-openssl=/usr/openssl/1.1 --with-openssl-rpath=auto
Then I tried to install Cython and numpy and there was absolutely no problem!

Regards,
A.S.