[OpenIndiana-discuss] wiki.openindiana.org needs to be re/started and fixed

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:19:16 UTC 2021

On 11/22/21 17:18, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

> <https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/confluence#confluence-server>
> "Important changes to our server and Data Center products
>  We’ve ended sales for new server licenses and will end support for
>  server on February 2, 2024."

February 2, 2024 sounds just fine, till that time, things can get
changed multiple times, things reworked, there only needs a green light for:
To actually see if license is attainable for fresh instance to be put
up, including all contents and logs.
And then there is the time till 2024 to figure where to move forward.
Maybe they would open it up as free software after 2024, maybe it would
not, but at least it would be alive and well for migrations and
contributions in the meantime.

There is no such private data on Wiki that can't allow hosting it on
wherever hardware/platform.
Yes, it needs secure handling and non disclosure as a precaution, but
public IPs and mail addresses form years ago are hardly that much
private to stop putting wiki up, and with good handling, they won't come
out anyway.
Logs are much more important and maybe re-connecting and engaging people
is too.