[OpenIndiana-discuss] wiki.openindiana.org needs to be re/started and fixed

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 09:22:41 UTC 2021

On 11/23/21 09:53, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

> On 23/11/2021 09:19, Nikola M. wrote:
>> On 11/22/21 17:18, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
>>>
>>> <https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/confluence#confluence-server>
>>> "Important changes to our server and Data Center products
>>>  We’ve ended sales for new server licenses and will end support for
>>>  server on February 2, 2024."
>>
>> February 2, 2024 sounds just fine, till that time, things can get
>> changed multiple times, things reworked, there only needs a green
>> light for:
>> To actually see if license is attainable for fresh instance to be put
>> up, ...
>
> Read again: "W E' V E   E N D E D    S A L E S    F O R
>              N E W    S E R V E R    L I C E N S E S...."

No need to shout it loud.
They never used to sale licenses to OI, they gave it for free.
I can contact them to ask for free license and migration options, till
their support period is out.

It doesn't mean Wiki can not continue to live with migrating history and
data
and not to be put offline hidden and closed for everyone.
Mediawiki is also neat.
it just needs to be free to use and not limited.