[OpenIndiana-discuss] GPG2 on OI

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Tue Oct 5 18:25:28 UTC 2021

There is also a way to use the /usr/lib/pinentry-curses that is linked against the Sun libcurses.

The program supports a -c option to set colors where you must provide a comma (,) separated list of curses colors.

If you set colors like : /usr/lib/pinentry-curses -c "white,black,cyan"
and of course gpgconf --kill all, to kill gpg-agent, then it displays fine (using curses, not ncurses).

Anyway this looks like a really old bug ... the header file of pinentry-curses is (c) 2002 so this is probably already a longtime the behavior of pinentry-curses.

It doesn't seem hard to fix if the GnuPG developers would download an OpenIndiana ISO, install it, and test it.

David Stes