[OpenIndiana-discuss] how to install open indiana on a single partition

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Oct 13 19:12:35 UTC 2021

On Wed, 13 Oct 2021, Mario Marietto wrote:

> So,what's happening here ? If is a good practice to install ZFS on the
> entire disk and is a good practice to use ZFS and I can install OI only on
> the 50% of the disk,what should I do ?

It is a no-brainer to install ZFS on the entire disk but it can be
installed into a partition and will work fine.

I have a Solaris 10 system which was converted from UFS filesystems to
ZFS and thus it has two drives, each of which have differing
partitions for ZFS.  This never caused a problem.

The important thing is that the BIOS needs to be able to identify and
use the partitions on each disk to continue the booting process.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
Public Key,     http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/public-key.txt