[OpenIndiana-discuss] a MP4 media player which works on openindiana ?

Mario Marietto marietto2008 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 23:34:23 UTC 2021

thanks to everyone. I've installed

root at openindiana:~# pkg set-publisher -p
https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered/ --search-after
openindiana.org --non-sticky hipster-encumbered
pkg set-publisher:
  Updated publisher(s): hipster-encumbered

root at openindiana:~# pkg install library/audio/gstreamer1/plugin/bad
           Packages to install:  6
       Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

DOWNLOAD                                PKGS         FILES    XFER (MB)
SPEED
Completed                                6/6       559/559    23.7/23.7
 4.3M/s

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Installing new actions                       783/783
Updating package state database                 Done
Updating package cache                           0/0
Updating image state                            Done
Creating fast lookup database                   Done

root at openindiana:~# pkg install library/audio/gstreamer1/plugin/ugly
           Packages to install:  2
       Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

DOWNLOAD                                PKGS         FILES    XFER (MB)
SPEED
Completed                                2/2         83/83      2.2/2.2
 2.0M/s

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Installing new actions                       127/127
Updating package state database                 Done
Updating package cache                           0/0
Updating image state                            Done
Creating fast lookup database                   Done

root at openindiana:~# pkg install library/audio/gstreamer1/plugin/libav
           Packages to install:  1
       Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

DOWNLOAD                                PKGS         FILES    XFER (MB)
SPEED
Completed                                1/1           3/3    51.6/51.6
 4.2M/s

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Installing new actions                         22/22
Updating package state database                 Done
Updating package cache                           0/0
Updating image state                            Done
Creating fast lookup database                   Done

root at openindiana:~# pkg install library/audio/gstreamer/plugin/ffmpeg
           Packages to install:  1
       Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

DOWNLOAD                                PKGS         FILES    XFER (MB)
SPEED
Completed                                1/1           7/7    22.8/22.8
 4.2M/s

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Installing new actions                         27/27
Updating package state database                 Done
Updating package cache                           0/0
Updating image state                            Done
Creating fast lookup database                   Done

root at openindiana:~# pkg install library/video/x265
No updates necessary for this image.

but vlc 3.16 still does not play my mp4 well at all. Do you know what can
be missed ?

Mario.