[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems with mate-settings-daemon

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 2 08:43:16 UTC 2021

Jean-Pierre André wrote on 9/2/21 9:27 AM:
> With the latest Hipster release I cannot customize Mate any more.
> I get :
>
> "Unable to start the settings manager 'mate-settings-daemon'.
> Without the MATE settings manager running, some preferences may not take
> effect. This could indicate a problem with DBus, or a non-MATE (e.g. KDE)
> settings manager may already be active and conflicting with the MATE
> settings manager."

In /var/adm/messages, I have :

Sep  2 08:32:04 openindiana savecore: [ID 570001 auth.error] reboot
after panic: rw_enter: bad rwlock, lp=fffffe02cf125ac8 wwwh=c
thread=fffffe02be180840
Sep  2 08:32:04 openindiana last message repeated 3 times

Maybe this gives a hint ?

Entering an uninitialized semaphore ! only me ?

Jean-Pierre