[OpenIndiana-discuss] GUI Performance - Update 3

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 09:55:31 UTC 2021

Hi,

As an experiment I changed my passwd file to use /export/home/russell
instead of /home/russell which utilised the auto_home to mount
/home/russell after login as a different user.
Logout and then login as myself and everything worked but was noticeably
faster.
Rebooted and time the delay from the console login prompt to the
appearance of the GUI login, this was now 48 seconds (however this
includes the memory overclocking and CPU overclock to 4GHz).

In terms of resolver, my desktop is its own resolver but can talk to
four other internal DNS resolvers which operate 24x7.

Regards

Russell