[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Hipster becomes unreachable over network after a certain length of uptime

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Sun Apr 10 07:38:14 UTC 2022

On 4/10/22 04:13, Judah Richardson wrote:
> Finally got around to looking into this ongoing issue.
>
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 2:28 PM Judah Richardson <judahrichardson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 11:36 AM stes at PANDORA.BE <stes at telenet.be> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you still have access to a console when the system is 'unreachable'
>>> over the network ?
>>>
>> Yes, I do.
>>
>>> If you still have a text console on the system which became unreachable,
>>> perhaps you could check before rebooting whether you can see any errors on
>>> the NIC.
>>>
>>> For example using:
>>>
>>> # dladm show-link -s rge0
>>>
>>> When I run the above command on system with a e1000g0 interface, it
>>> prints IERRORS / OERRORS in the show-link -s e1000g0 output, so hopefully
>>> it also prints those statistics for rge0.
>>>
>> Doesn't show any errors on this end.
>>> Also maybe there are error messages in the /var/adm/messages related to
>>> rge0.
>>>
>> No errors there either.
> Seems to be a problem within the OS itself, perhaps in relation to that
> particular NIC.
>

>> These are good ideas, thanks. I'll try them next time it happens and then
>> report back.
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> David Stes
>>>
>>> ----- Op 22 dec 2021 om 8:56 schreef Judah Richardson
>>> judahrichardson at gmail.com:

>>> at?

>>> none

>>> bdf,vid,did,driver,vendor,device
>>> ports
>>> ports

Hi!

The last few weeks i had some related symptom, that my connection to the
internet is not reachable after a period of time.

In my case, the default route gets lost somehow. When i add a new
default route according to my home network everything is fine again.

Some hints:

$ route get default

$ sudo route add 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1

I have a Ethernet Connection (5) I219-LM 8086:15e3

Maybe this was since my pkg update on 2022-03-09.

And i don't know for sure if this symptom is solved or not with my pkg
update yesterday, we'll see..

Regards,

Stephan