[OpenIndiana-discuss] help restoring a boot block?

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Thu Apr 21 00:48:22 UTC 2022

My OI server fell over last night, for reasons unknown, and now the BIOS
doesn't see any boot devices.

I booted it off an OI USB drive, and I can see and mount the zpools, so
they're ok (at least superficially) using zpool import -ad /dev/dsk

I have 2 zpools, a zfs mirror for root and a zfs zpool tank. Both seem
to be intact, it's just that the BIOS doesn't see a boot device.

I've poked around at the BIOS trying to make sure it's in the right
mode, it can see the drives when I look at its SATA config.  Maybe the
BIOS got upset at reboot - I don't know.

But - I'd really like to get the machine back up and running, is there a
way to check if the boot blocks on the mirrored rpool are ok?

Thanks!

Carl