[OpenIndiana-discuss] python39, pkg and openssl

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Tue Apr 26 09:39:43 UTC 2022

Hi, I'm merging latest pkg upstream to XStreamOS.
This new pkg requires python 3.9, so I had to port the python 3.9 component too, which in turns depends on openssl-11.
So, to build python 3.9, I had to change openssl mediator to 1.1.

Now if I try to build pkg I receive an error on mkcert.c which is not compatible with openssl-11 build, so I had to revert mediator to 1.0 to be able to build.

Anyone can explain me what is the correct path?

Also, is it possible to stick to python 3.5 for pkg or is it absolutely necessary to move to 3.9?

Thanks,
Gabriele

Sonicle S.r.l. : http://www.sonicle.com
Music: http://www.gabrielebulfon.com