[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Miscellaneous component fixes and migrations

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Aug 7 19:10:17 UTC 2022

Ah ... that explains it.

I was thinking that I had to update the runtime/perl-524 dependency,
to runtime/perl-534, now that perl is version 5.34 by default.

But for some reason (which I suspect may be due to the ongoing fixes and migrations),
"gmake REQUIRED_PACKAGES" is now producing a runtime/perl dependency,
which is better than the runtime/perl-524 that it produced in the past.

OpenIndiana also offers perl 5.36 optionally.

According to perl.org, version 5.36 is the latest so OpenIndiana has excellent perl support.

Thanks,
David Stes