[OpenIndiana-discuss] Advice for setting up a build zone with a different subnet than the main network interface

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:53:24 UTC 2022

Huh?

Does this not show the etherstub layout?
 > GZ:
 > root at pegasus:~# dladm show-vnic
 > LINK         OVER         SPEED  MACADDRESS        MACADDRTYPE
  > VID
 > br0          ether0       0      2:8:20:da:ec:bb   random              0
 > vnic0        ether0       0      2:8:20:cb:7b:85   random              0
 >
 > NGZ:
 > root at build:~# dladm show-vnic
 > LINK         OVER         SPEED  MACADDRESS        MACADDRTYPE
  > VID
 > vnic0        ?            0      2:8:20:cb:7b:85   random              0

On OI CI in Hetzner my output looks like this.

root at oidc1:~# dladm show-vnic
LINK         OVER         SPEED  MACADDRESS        MACADDRTYPE         VID
oijenkins0   oinetint0    0      2:8:20:e0:f6:20   random              0
gzpublic0    public0      0      2:8:20:37:b7:54   random              0
oinetentry0  public0      0      2:8:20:3a:12:52   random              0
oinetentry1  oinetint0    0      2:8:20:67:a0:16   random              0

So I would expect your output to show at least VNIC0 and a VNIC1.
Also ip-type=exclusive must be set for it to work.

Greetings
Till