[OpenIndiana-discuss] NWAM gets no event "LINK DOWN"

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Wed Feb 2 19:17:45 UTC 2022

Hello!

Today my DSL internet connection was gone and i wanted to go online via
WLAN connnected to my mobile..

When i disconnected the ethernet connection - nothing happened on the
network-monitor-applet.

My first short investigation shows, that dladm show-phys and dladm
show-link know about the new state "down",
but ipadm show-addr   still shows the 'old' IP address of the lost
connection.

After "sudo svcadm restart nwam" everything seems to be re-checked and
the interface states are correct.

I reconnect the cable, and i disconnect the cable while looking on the
events, this happens:

$ nwamadm show-events -v
EVENT DESCRIPTION
LINK_STATE      e1000g4 -> state up

So there is an event going to NWAM, but not the correct one, the EVENT
should be "STATE DOWN"

The system was updated 2-3 weeks ago, and today to check if the bug
persists..

I crossed-checked with the latest  OI-hipster-gui-20211031.usb on a
(USB-2-only) laptop, there the event is correct and the connection is
completely down after a second.

i will recheck the behaviour on this machine with the live-USB-image -
maybe later this evening.

Any hints on how to get closer to the part where the events get
compromised are welcome..

Greetings,

Stephan