[OpenIndiana-discuss] queer effect in openindiana 2021-10

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Mon Feb 14 14:00:25 UTC 2022

Hello,

I had several times a queer behaviour of openindiana after working some
time as su and rebooting: I could not anymore login with my login name,
because I was not anymore owner of the file .cache/dconf/user  . It
belonged to root. I had to login via ssh from another computer or as
another user (allowed to su), then su and chown this file.

I had never noticed this in the past. I assume that this "user" file is
modified when working as root and gets root ownership. Of course, I
don't know which recent "improvement" caused this side effect, but I
would prefer it to be removed if possible.

Thanks and best regards

Marc