[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to tell nwam to use the firewall rules in /etc/ipf/ipf.conf ?

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Mon Feb 28 13:22:22 UTC 2022

See /lib/svc/method/net-nwam, it should take the ipfilter-config-file
from the activated IP firewall service:

         # IPFilter, IPsec, and IKE
         ipf_file=`nwam_get_loc_prop Legacy ipfilter-config-file`
         ipf6_file=`nwam_get_loc_prop Legacy ipfilter-v6-config-file`
         ipnat_file=`nwam_get_loc_prop Legacy ipnat-config-file`
         ippool_file=`nwam_get_loc_prop Legacy ippool-config-file`
         ike_file=`nwam_get_loc_prop Legacy ike-config-file`
         pol_file=`nwam_get_loc_prop Legacy ipsecpolicy-config-file`

         if [ -n "$ike_file" ]; then
                 copy_from_legacy_loc $ike_file
                 set_smf_prop $IPSEC_IKE_FMRI config/config_file $ike_file
                 $SVCADM refresh $IPSEC_IKE_FMRI
                 $SVCADM enable $IPSEC_IKE_FMRI
         else
                 set_smf_prop $IPSEC_IKE_FMRI config/config_file \
                     $IPSEC_IKE_DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE
                 $SVCADM disable $IPSEC_IKE_FMRI
         fi
         if [ -n "$pol_file" ]; then
                 copy_from_legacy_loc $pol_file
                 set_smf_prop $IPSEC_POLICY_FMRI config/config_file
$pol_file
                 $SVCADM refresh $IPSEC_POLICY_FMRI
                 $SVCADM enable $IPSEC_POLICY_FMRI
         else
                 set_smf_prop $IPSEC_POLICY_FMRI config/config_file \
                     $IPSEC_POLICY_DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE
                 $SVCADM disable $IPSEC_POLICY_FMRI
         fi

         refresh_ipf=false
         if [ -n "$ipf_file" ]; then
                 # change /none, /allow, and /deny to firewall policy
                 if [ "$ipf_file" = "/none" -o "$ipf_file" = "/allow" \
                     -o "$ipf_file" = "/deny" ]; then
                         policy=`echo "$ipf_file" | $NAWK 'FS="/" {
print $2 }'`
                         set_smf_prop $IPFILTER_FMRI \
                             firewall_config_default/policy $policy
                         # no need to clear custom_policy_file as it
isn't "custom"
                 else
                         copy_from_legacy_loc $ipf_file
                         set_smf_prop $IPFILTER_FMRI \
                             firewall_config_default/policy "custom"
                         set_smf_prop $IPFILTER_FMRI \
                             firewall_config_default/custom_policy_file
$ipf_file
                 fi
                 refresh_ipf=true
         fi
         if [ -n "$ipf6_file" ]; then
                 copy_from_legacy_loc $ipf6_file
                 set_smf_prop $IPFILTER_FMRI config/ipf6_config_file
$ipf6_file
                 refresh_ipf=true
         else
                 set_smf_prop $IPFILTER_FMRI config/ipf6_config_file \
                     $IPF6_DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE
         fi