[OpenIndiana-discuss] A question about the Mate update: pluma editor rendering

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Mon Jan 3 10:06:26 UTC 2022

In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] A question about the Mate update: pluma...:

> Hello all and a happy new year!
>
> The pluma editor Version 1.26.0  has a bug, the rendering in the editor space
> is not correct, cursor lines are not removed for example.

Hi Stephan!

I've used pluma off and on since starting the MATE update, and I have
not seen the problem you're mentioning.  I haven't experienced any
rendering issues with it (yet).

The only current pluma problem I'm aware of is the Edit->Insert Date and
Time being off by your timezone's offset from UTC.  That's a glib bug
specific to Illumos systems, I have a patch submitted upstream that
hopefully will be accepted.

> I've checked this on my machine and an a newly installed and updated vm
> instance. To test, just open pluma a type a few chars..
>
> Is anyone else seeing this ?

I am not seeing that.  Even switching between multiple tabs in pluma, I
don't see any rendering errors.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)