[OpenIndiana-discuss] DKIM violationRe: DKIM violationRe: libwww-perl-524 dependency problem

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Wed Jul 27 10:18:01 UTC 2022

Am 27.07.22 12:05 schrieb Aurélien Larcher  <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 11:26 AM Carsten Grzemba via openindiana-discuss <
> openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:
>

> > Am 27.07.22 11:06 schrieb Aurélien Larcher <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com>:

> > xscreensaver

> > > There is seemingly no problem with the package dependencies, xscreensaver
> > > does not depend on perl-524 anymore.
> > > Could you try installing/updating specific package versions?
> > >
> > > I have noticed that pkg is sometimes not able to cope well with updates
> > > involving deprecation.
> > > It attempts to resolve the dependency to the deprecated packages and
> > update
> > > this latter although it should be dropped.
> > >
> > > Explicitly providing the versions you want to install on the command line
> > > usually circumvents the issue.
> > >

> > This seems to be wrong for me:
> >

> > grzemba at oi-hipster:~$ pkg contents -o fmri -t depend
> > libwww-perl-524 at latest
> > FMRI
> > library/perl-5/encode-locale-524
> > library/perl-5/file-listing-524
> > library/perl-5/html-parser-524
> > library/perl-5/http-cookies-524
> > library/perl-5/http-daemon-524
> > library/perl-5/http-date-524
> > library/perl-5/http-message-524
> > library/perl-5/http-negotiate-524
> > library/perl-5/lwp-mediatypes-524
> > library/perl-5/net-http-524
> > library/perl-5/uri-524
> > library/perl-5/www-robotrules-524
> > pkg:/runtime/perl-524 at 5.24.3-2020.0.1.3
> >

> > and
> >
> > pkg list -af library/perl-5/encode-locale-524 at latest
> > NAME (PUBLISHER) VERSION IFO
> > library/perl-5/encode-locale-524 (openindiana.org) 1.5-2022.0.0.2 --o
> >

> I agree.
>
> However that does not explain why updating xscreensaver fails although it
> does not depend on perl 5.24 anymore.

but it has a dependency for libwww-perl. How IPS decides which version of this package will installed finally I do not know.

I could upgrade BE in this kind:

pkg update \

--reject library/perl-5/libwww-perl-524 \
--reject library/perl-5/http-daemon-524 \
--reject library/perl-5/http-negotiate-522 \
--reject library/perl-5/http-negotiate-524 \
--reject library/perl-5/net-http-522 \
--reject library/perl-5/net-http-524 \
osnet-incorporation at latest userland-incorporation at latest install-incorporation at latest

all of this Perl packages have dependencies which are obsolete now.