[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with Audio in Firefox

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Wed Jul 27 10:42:05 UTC 2022

Am 26.07.22 12:21 schrieb russell  <stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk>:

> HI
>
> When I perform an update I always create a new BE.
> I performed a update on the 2022-07-03 and audio playback in Firefox was
> fine.
> On the 2022-07-20 I performed an update, while VLC played audio okay,
> Firefox would not play Youtube audio.
> I tried further updates on the 2022-07-23 and 2022-07-25 audio playback
> via Firefox was still broken but VLC was fine.
> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Russell

I did an update to the latest bits incl. FF at 102.0.1 on my Acer TravelMate 5760 and

youtube audio is working in the same kind like VLC.

the FF process has loaded the libs eg.

/usr/lib/amd64/libpulse.so.0.21.1
/usr/lib/amd64/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-13.0.so
/usr/lib/amd64/libsndfile.so.1.0.31
/usr/lib/amd64/libFLAC.so.8.3.0

good luck!