[OpenIndiana-discuss] Take me to your leader...

Andrew Robinson arobinson18 at cox.net
Tue Jun 7 01:05:47 UTC 2022

Hi,

Good advice! Plus 10 points and now I know one person I can trust in this
forum for their opinion.

I hate to correct you but O.I. Hipster wouldn't boot on the RAID or AHCI
setting, it would only boot on IDE. I thought it was AHCI too because that is
what is listed as a default option on one of the O.I. boot screens.

So everything boots fine now, it's too bad I forget to add a mouse! I assume
that there are shortcut keys so I won't need a mouse but I'm too lazy to take
the time to learn that so that's -10 points for me!

Thanks,

On 6/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, "Coalson, Timothy Scott (S&T-Student)"
<tsc5yc at mst.edu> wrote:
>I believe he means check that the SATA port the DVD drive is using is in
plain "AHCI" mode in the bios settings, and not some "raid-capable" or "intel
RST" mode.  These other modes ask the OS to load different drivers, which may
not be available.

>Tim

phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System.
Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking
links, or responding to this email.