[OpenIndiana-discuss] [New] perl modules

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Fri Jun 10 13:06:06 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 02:55:12PM +0200, Predrag Zečević wrote:
> One more question: in the past I have installed some stuff (to 5.22 mostly)
> from CPAN.
> Once you fix packages, will I face problems?

I do not think so, but I'm not sure.

The idea behind all of this is to make sure people run well known
versions of modules, backed by our package manager.  With regular and
controlled updates, etc.

The first step to make sure you are completely safe is to find all files
in /usr/perl5/ that are not installed using pkg, or those that were
modified (for any reason).  "pkg verify" should help with latter.