[OpenIndiana-discuss] dell 15810 bricked after latest update

irixuzer irixuzer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:30:54 UTC 2022

John, Gary, and everyone,

I’ve tried f12- it tells me that it’s setting up a one time boot menu- then black screen of death.  I had used

$ sudo pkg update -v

afterwards it told me that I needed to reboot.

I shutdown via the MATE menu.

When I tried to boot again, I keep getting the Dell logo screen then a black screen of death.

Could trying a vga cable instead of the dp/dvi adapter cable i’m currently using?  I have a NVIDIA Quadro K620.

-Matt