[OpenIndiana-discuss] Backup for ZFS filesystems

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 23:12:27 UTC 2022

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 1:48 AM Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I'm looking for a backup system that uses ZFS facilities to integrate
> backup with ZFS.  Is there such a thing?
>
> In addition, I'm looking for something that stores the backups on a
> single backup server, with network connections to multiple backup
> clients.  Of course, I would also like easy restores to ZFS
> filesystems.
>
> What are you using to backup ZFS files?
>

> --
> -Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba,
> Canada-

Please search the following phrases in Google one by one :

zfs backup strategy
zfs proxmox backup server
zfs backup server

( "in Google" because we will see  similar result lists . )

During such searches , you may encounter more search phrases
suitable for your needs .

Personally I am completely ignorant of the ZFS system and its handling .

With my best wishes ,

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk