[OpenIndiana-discuss] samba package needs a maintainer

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 15 13:23:51 UTC 2022

Hi all,

our samba package doesn't build at the moment. It fails in the 64-bit
part probably because of a missing flag.
Alas this prevents for fixing man page collisions that have been
introduced by an update of illumogs-gate (IPD4).

I have stopped our nightly illumos-gate builds at rhe moment because of
this but we need to find a solution for it soon.
When the jenkins job will be ra-activated before we have a solution
either everybody needs to uninstall samba or we need to obsolete the
samba package.

Short: We need to find a maintainer for the samba package otherwise it's
doomed for OI.

Regards,
Andreas