[OpenIndiana-discuss] geany editor?

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 28 18:58:26 UTC 2022

Am 28.03.22 um 02:02 schrieb Jason Martin:
> Just a heads up.
>
> I was using this package before my disk space problem.
>
> I uninstalled and then re-installed but I still get this error.
>
> agrellum at openindiana:~$ geany
> ld.so.1: geany: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/libgeany.so.0:
> symbol g_get_os_info: referenced symbol not found
> Killed

Folks,

I have created a PR for glib-2.70.0:
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/7958
Please build it for yourself and test it. It works for me (I have
successfully tried to hot-plug a keyboard, a mouse, and an USB data stick).
With this geany also works again. If it doesn't work for you, then we'll
also need two simple patches for our hal which have been introduced for
Solaris.
I have a local illumos-gate build with them.

Andreas