[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems with some zfs fs unable to mount after shutdown

hput hputn3 at zohomail.com
Tue May 3 22:30:04 UTC 2022

Flemming Dalsgaard <flemming.dalsgaard at gmail.com> writes:

> The commands
> zfs create -omountpoint=/export            p0/export
> zfs create -omountpoint=/export/home       p0/export/home
> zfs create -omountpoint=/export/home/USER  p0/export/home/USER
>
> Should be sufficient to make the /export/home/USER
> so you should not pre create the involved folders, zfs take care of that it
> self.

[...]

exactly what I did, and I did not precreate anything.  Not sure where
that came from. I just ran the zfs create commands and it all mounted
as expected.... And once again following this mornings boot up of host
and then vm in question...

>> zfs create -omountpoint=/export            p0/export
>> zfs create -omountpoint=/export/home       p0/export/home
>> zfs create -omountpoint=/export/home/USER  p0/export/home/USER

It fails to mount those filesystems and drops into a console login on
reboot.

I needed a reboot for host OS due to certain updates that apparently
need a reboot.  And then booting the oi vm