[OpenIndiana-discuss] Not understanding this error in recv

hput hputn3 at zohomail.com
Sat May 28 13:26:16 UTC 2022

Getting an error on an oi host while pulling replication backups.

I'm using a tool `zfs_autobackup' But the error appears to emanate
from the recv command involved.  Below are a few lines surrounding and
the error with `!' identifying it (not mine).

It is a an ubuntu linux server being pulled from... I wondered if
there is any chance the oi zfs and ubuntu zfs are related to error.

  [...]
  [Keydate: 220528_121540 6] Sat, May 28, 2022
Initial command was:
   zfs-autobackup -v --no-holds --clear-mountpoint --ssh-source 2x 2x.oi p0/rep1/2x
   the command was run on host `oi' and aimed at host `2x'
   The error below is taken from a log of the run above created on host `oi'

  [Target] p0/rep1/2x/p0/vb/vm at 2x.oi-20220528015425: receiving incremental
  [Target] p0/rep1/2x/rpool at 2x.oi-20220527150742: receiving full

! [Target] STDERR > internal error: Invalid argument
! [Target] STDERR > /bin/sh: 4684: Abort(coredump)
! [Target] Command "zfs recv -u -o canmount=noauto -v -s\
  p0/rep1/2x/rpool" returned  exit code -6 (valid codes: [0])

Note: I took the `/bin/sh: 4684' to be a line number reference But I'm
told it is not. So I'm not sure how /bin/sh is involved there.

! [Source] rpool: FAILED: Last command returned error

[Target] p0/rep1/2x/rpool/ROOT at 2x.oi-20220527150742: receiving full
  [Target] p0/rep1/2x/rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_h55lfy at 2x.oi-20220527150742: receiving full

  [...]

! 1 dataset(s) failed!

All the rpool hierarchy was retrieved susccessfully but the last log
line above seems to indicate it was not.