[OpenIndiana-discuss] mkdocs 1.4 op OpenIndiana

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Oct 2 15:04:36 UTC 2022

As a test, I ran mkdocs 1.4 (http://mkdocs.org) with python 3.9 on OpenIndiana and this seems to work with the OpenIndiana docs.

# pip install mkdocs
$ mkdocs serve -a 0.0.0.0:8000

ERROR    -  Config value: 'theme'. Error: Unrecognised theme name: 'spacelab'.
            The available installed themes are: mkdocs, readthedocs

but the theme error can be solved by:

# pip install mkdocs-bootswatch

that package provides various themes, also the 'spacelab' theme

this seems to work with python 3.9 , mkdocs 1.4 and mkdocs-bootswatch-1.1

So either install mkdocs+mkdocs-bootswatch using pip

$ python --version
Python 3.9.14

or somebody could try to package mkdocs for Python 3.9 in IPS oi-userland.

I tried to build the command but I don't know enough of Python or the IPS packaging,
and for me the "pip install" method seemed easier and that works.

Regards,
David Stes