[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox Client Extensions Broken

david allan finch david.allan at finch.org
Wed Oct 5 07:27:50 UTC 2022

Hi,

Not quite sure what has broken it but, I installed the latest version of
VirtualBox 6.1.38 and updated the client extension into my OpenIndiana
VM client (it was the last build 2021Oct from the ISO). Around the same
time I did a pkg update to the latest changes. Since then the Shared
Folders have not worked. (The host is a windows 11 box there was also an
microsoft update on that day which I initially wondered about).

On boot of the VM I now see undefined symbol 'removectx' and
'installctx' from /usr/kernel/drv/smd64/vboxguest.

There is also after that a whole host of messages about vboxguest as it
tries to start the service.

When I installed client extension there was an error message about
vboxguest not installing correctly.

Anyone got any clues what I did wrong or intrested in the dmesg error or
the output of the errors in the installing of the client extensions?