[OpenIndiana-discuss] Net booting OI Hipster using iPXE

Fox Martin martin.fox at bsse.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 22 15:59:35 UTC 2022

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I searched long and hard and could not find what I really needed.
I have a working iPXE server with various Linux and Windows images served up over HTTP.

For OI I tried the usual tricks of specifying the kernel and initrd and then issuing a boot command but the installer always stops just after
"Probing for device nodes ...
Preparing live image for use"
and then
"Requesting System Maintenance Mode" appears.

Are there kernel parameters or something else I need to issue to tell the OI system more about the location of boot folder, solaris.zlib etc?

If there are links to documentation which solve this issue I would be grateful to get them.

thanks
Martin