[OpenIndiana-discuss] update conflicts, what happened?

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Wed Apr 12 05:16:16 UTC 2023

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 07:33:32PM -0400, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
> root at openindiana:~# pkg update
> Creating Plan (Checking for conflicting actions): /
> pkg update: The following packages all deliver driver actions to nvidia:
>
>   pkg://openindiana.org/driver/graphics/nvidia@525.105.17,5.11-2023.0.0.0:20230331T112122Z
>   pkg://openindiana.org/driver/graphics/nvidia-390@390.157,5.11-2022.0.0.0:20221123T085801Z
>
> These packages cannot be installed together. Any non-conflicting subset
> of the above packages can be installed.

We switched the default NVIDIA driver from nvidia-390 to nvidia
recently.  Since both nvidia-390 and nvidia packages cannot be installed
together you need to manually uninstall nvidia-390 first (possibly with
few other packages that depends on nvidia-390[*]) to get the system
updated and then install nvidia package back (together with other
packages you uninstalled previously).

[*] I think the list includes these packages: mate_install,
server_install, x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video.

HTH.