[OpenIndiana-discuss] DNS server and domain from DHCP?

Philip Kime Philip at kime.org.uk
Tue Dec 19 18:32:13 UTC 2023

I have used ipadm to configure an interface via DHCP, which works find. However, the DHCP server also provide the DNS server and default domain which was not being set on my server. I found that I had entries in /etc/resolv.conf which seem to be set by SMF and are repopulated after reboot. Two questions:

* Where can I find the dns server and domain settings in SMF? I tried looking in dns/client but I can't see config/nameserver property in there.
* If delete the SMF settings for server and domain, will the OI dhcp client set them as it does on all other OSes on my network?

PK
--
Dr Phil. Philip Kime
BA (Hons) Msc (Dist) PhD