[OpenIndiana-discuss] /export/home on second disk

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:12:34 UTC 2023

Hi Apostolos

That should just work by creating a seperate zpool on the other disk and
setting that pools mountpoint to either /export/home or creating a
Dataset whos mountpoint is /export/home. If you want to migrate a user
you'll need to do a send -> receive -> rename for the users dataset you
want to copy over before changing the mountpoint. So something like make
new pool while using the alternate root mount switch -> send over all
datasets from /export/home including peroperties (-p) -> set old
datasets to canmount=noauto -> reboot to activate new config.

Hope this helps
-Till