[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI on HP Gen 10 Microserver

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Thu Feb 16 08:34:28 UTC 2023

One of my older servers has died and I'm looking to replace with a Gen
10 microserver.

On my N54L, there are four bays, but a top CD bay where the operating
system drive sits with OI on it, leaving me with four bays for spinning
rust.

However, on the Gen 10 I've looked at the motherboard and I can't see
anything other than a USB connector and the SATA harness connector. I
can't see a DVD/CD drive either.

Has anyone managed to get OI on another drive, or am I going to have to
take up a bay for the OS drive please?

Thanks for any hints and advice,

Michelle.