[OpenIndiana-discuss] update failed ??

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:07:00 UTC 2023

Hi Marc

Looks like the graphics card packages messed up there. It's
unfortunately something we have to let people shoose, as nvidia keeps
dropping old graphics cards. You will need to go back to the old BE and
mount the failed one via beadm mount and use pkg's -R switch to modify
the BE so that it has the correct nvidia package installed into it.

basically
- use beadm to mount be with updated system
- use pkg -R /path/to/be/mount
	- use install uninstall as normal and install the correct nvidia package.

-beadm unmount

Activeate and boot new be rinse and repeat until you found the right
combination.

If that does not solve it we will need to analyse the case more.

Greetings
Till