[OpenIndiana-discuss] warning - libtiif will be updated and will damage many packages until they have been rebuild - update process finished

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Mon Jan 30 20:59:38 UTC 2023

The merge of libtiff and the necessary rebuilds of many packages are
finished.
Alas, during the process I found out that binutils-2.40 is broken for
us. The problem was visible in a newly created qt5 version where all
binaries were broken.
The culprit seems to be gstrip. I have downgraded to binutils-2.39 with
fake 2.40 version information (because our version numbers cannot decrease).
After that it was needed to rebuild qt5 again to get working binaries.

So, it should be safe again to update OI.

Regards,
Andreas