[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot hangs after configuring devices (last notice is of pseudo devices

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Tue Mar 21 19:43:12 UTC 2023

On 3/21/23 14:23, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 20/03/2023 21:45, Stephan Althaus wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> On 18.03.2023 i made a pkg update, after that the Boot hangs after
>> configuring
>> devices (last notice is of pseudo devices with boot option 'verbose')
>>
>> Nothing happens on the prompt...
>>
>> "beadm mount..." shows no fresh logfiles, so no info there, i should
>> use some
>> debug options but i am not familiar to that :-/
>>

>> Any hints ?
>
> Didn't have such a failure after updating and booting today, but
> didn't reboot since 14.3.
>
> So I would recommend to revert to the previous BE and update that
> again.

Hello Udo!

I did that yesterday, no change.

i have in mind there was a relatively change in device numbering when
building the device tree..

To summarize, the working BE is of 2022:11:23,

the newly created by 'pkg update' won't work and stops after
"configuring devices".

Any things i could do to debug?

Regards,

Stephan