[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot hangs after configuring devices (last notice is of pseudo devices

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Fri Mar 24 05:58:34 UTC 2023

On 3/22/23 20:56, Richard Lowe wrote:
> The challenge of answering that is you often don't know the answer
> until you see it
>
> The ::stacks command will give you asummarized view of every kernel
> thread's stack
> the ::cpuinfo -v command will show you what the CPUs are doing now (or
> were doing, before you got into kmdb).
>
> Both or either might have a smoking gun of some kind, but it's hard to
> predict what it might look like.

Hello!

In one of my earlier update-tests i had a problem with the first
OI-nvidia-525 version in cooperation with Virtualbox,
so i had the idea to test this:

I uninstalled 'userland-incorporation' and 'entire' as prerequisite to
install nvidia version 515,
now it boots!

So, nvidia in the most recent version 525 stopped the boot process. (?)

i checked with NVidia Solaris Driver Archive that my chipset (Quadro
M1200) is on the supported list for this version:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/199661/en-us/

How/Why should the display driver be able to interrupt the boot process ?
How/Why should the display driver be able to interrupt the boot process
without further notice?

Regards,

Stephan