[OpenIndiana-discuss] VIM and HP cert

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Wed Mar 29 21:12:04 UTC 2023

I just bought myself a new (to me) HP Gen 10 Plus and put OI-Hipster-
minimal-20221123 on it.

On using crontab -e I get...
E1187: Failed to source defaults.vim

A lot of conversations on the web say this is a bug in a certain build
and that it was fixed last year. I was wondering if it's just got to
make its way into OI at some point, or perhaps I should just update the
system? Or possibly if another editor is installed that would be easier
than VI commands :-)

Thought I'd ask people's thoughts before I do anything.

Also, this server has iLO 5 but the default self cert on the server
only lasts five years. While I've used certs with proper trust chains,
the one for this would need to be self-signed, but I'm presuming I'm
going to have to put some form of cert trust in first... I'm checking
with people first because if I get this wrong I could seriously bork
iLO and stuff myself up something chronic.

... or is there a way to SSH to iLO and get it to generate its own
certificate for 20 years or something.

Self signed certs can be a whole world of pain if I get it wrong.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice.

Michelle.