[OpenIndiana-discuss] Add inotify support to illumos-gate

Guenther Alka gea at napp-it.org
Tue May 2 12:41:38 UTC 2023

Not sure if this is helpful for your problem..

I use fswatch 1.17.1 for filesystem monitoring in napp-it.
It supports the Solaris file event notification (or the Linux inotify
with some problems on Solaris so prefer event notification on Illumos).

You can compile it via

cd /root
wget
https://github.com/emcrisostomo/fswatch/releases/download/1.17.1/fswatch-1.17.1.tar.gz
--no-check-certificate
tar -zxvf fswatch-1.17.1.tar.gz
cd fswatch-1.17.1/
./configure
make
make install

installs binaries to-> /usr/local/bin.

/The File Events Notification Monitor//
//
//The File Events Notification monitor is backed by the File Events
Notification API of the Solaris/Illumos kernel. This monitor is very
efficient, it suffers from no known resource-exhaustion problems and it
scales very well with the number of objects being watched. This monitor
is the default monitor on systems running a Solaris or Illumos kernel
providing this API. /

https://github.com/emcrisostomo/fswatch

Gea