[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI without a console?

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Mon May 8 15:37:00 UTC 2023

On 5/8/23 17:31, Gary Mills wrote:
> Is anybody running OI on a computer that does not have a console?
> I have a system that I installed with the GUI image, and with an
> HDMI console and USB keyboard and mouse.  Now I'd like to use this
> system without all of them.
>
> Can I just disconnect them?  Will OI boot fully without a console?
> Can I attach a console later, if I happen to need it?

Hello!

As I can tell from history, you should set the BIOS to ignore these
errors on boot like "no keyboard attached". Try this with only the
monitor attached, no keyboard/mouse..

I have a Backup server without keyboard/mouse/monitor attached that i
power up from remote via IPMI,
that boots into OI just perfextly.

Regards,

Stephan