[OpenIndiana-discuss] Rebuild needed for wxwidgets-3 - consumers

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Wed May 10 20:23:21 UTC 2023

On 5/10/23 18:24, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
> Am 10.05.23 um 13:34 schrieb Stephan Althaus:
>> Hello!
>>
>> i just found that codeblocks does not work anymore.
>> Maybe a rebuild is needed because of the update of wxwidgets-3
> Alas this is not so easy. Actually codeblocks doesn't compile with the
> latest wxwidgets-3. The project hasn't published a new release for three
> years.
> So from here it looks dead and we need to either find patches to make it
> work with wxwidgets-3 or need to obsolete it.
>
> Andreas

Hello!

Hm. I would vote for something that is actively developed, codelite and
vscode come into mind.

On an quick look at them, codelite needs libssh and cmocka..., vscode
needs yarn from nodejs ...
i don't know, maybe vim/emacs with code completion support would be an
interesting alternative..

Ah i see debian-testing uses Version 20.03, svn @13046 :

svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/codeblocks/code/trunk@13046

 From the forum:

« on: May 06, 2023, 06:29:40 pm »
  The 06 May 2023 build (13268) is out.
We switched to wx 3.2.2.1 (on 05 may 2023)
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed
http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A new release is planned "after the summer holidays"

Yes, @13046 compiles/builds and runs on my system: ( svn build rev 13046
(2022-11-17 12:54:17) gcc 10.4.0 Linux/unicode - 64 bit )

I will try @13268 tomorrow...

Regards,
Stephan