[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg folder size escalated

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Fri May 19 18:08:25 UTC 2023

On 18.05.23 22:53, Goetz T. Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2023 12:53:48 +0200, Till Wegmüller wrote:
>> The specific difference you are describing is purely due to our package
>> manifests not having received a major update to split up SUNWCS.
>
> much thanks for the insight!
>
>> We would be quite happy if somebody started carrying the torch in
>> bringing those package manifest changes upstream into illumos from
>> illumos-omnios.
>
> what would be required to do so?
Git knowledge and patience to find and group the commits from
omnios-illumos https://github.com/omniosorg/illumos-omnios that modify
files under usr/src/pkg and the makefiles and push it through
https://illumos.org/docs/contributing/

Probably also some Wine and nice mails to the omnios guys as they
probably have already intended on doing so and have some more info about
this set of commits or the diff.

If you manage to find a git invocation that shows the differing files
between forks, that would help a lot already.

Hope this gives a starter
Till