[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems with gcc-7 and gcc-10 built binaries

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sun May 21 20:35:29 UTC 2023

Hi

Back in October 2022, when I was experiencing issues building
libfilezilla in response to my posting Till pointed out that gcc-7 and
gcc-10 have an ABI break.

7/10/22 18:22, Till Wegmueller wrote:

> Hi Russel
>
> Thats an ABI break.
>
> Looks like Gcc7 and Gcc10 produce different output.
>
> You will have to compile all with the same compiler.
>
> -Till

So, are there plans to switch to using gcc-10 for the entire build of
OpenIndiana to eliminate the ABI compatibility issue of mixing gcc-7 and
gcc-10?

Kind Regards

Russell